Track Design System announcements, new template patterns, guidance, and released components.
- Spinner Page was added onto the site. Read more about spinner guidance
- The OWASP Security Scan was run to identify any security vulnerabilities in the Design System site. This is required to ensure full compliance with HPE standards.
The new Spinner component has been released on grommet stable branch.
- Add validation-ok and validation-warning to theme.
- Check out the new FileInput Component on the grommet stable branch.
- Check out the new Pagination Component on the grommet stable branch.
- Aligned layer component to match the figma files.
- Adds Wizard Title to WizardContext. Allows for step header description to be custom element
- Find out how to incorporate accessibility into design and development. Check out the page
- Previously multiiselect was immediately closing after a user made a single selection this changed to add a close prop. Find details about this change here
- Updated the HPE theme to provide required label.
- Enhanced ability to support button sizes in the HPE theme.
- Next steps are to incorporate button sizes into the HPE theme.
- Modified default elevation applied to Cards.
- Added example of a DateInput without a label to Figma.
- Headings now use
text-strongby default in the HPE Theme. Completes work begun weak ending January 16.
- Incorporated updated Wizard designs based on feedback. Notable changes include:
- Wizard header now has a background of
- Step titles are now using h1, size="small".
- Tightened up spacing between step number, step title, and step description.
- Incorporated feedback and addressed clarifying questions:
- Provided additional guidance on what to consider when selecting a basic or layered approach.
- Added an example and guidance for using the basic layout with cards.
- Added examples clarifying how an application header should appear and behave when it is a fixed header and another for when the header scrolls with the content.
- Completed InfiniteScroll design direction.
- Completed ideation phase and finalized design direction for ToolTip. A special thanks to @Maggie Silva for her contributions to ToolTip.
- Headings in the Figma library have been updated to use
- TODO: Apply
text-strongas default in HPE Theme.
- Published a new page providing guidance for how to apply background colors in your application layout. We've already received great feedback and identified areas which need to be addressed.
- Added an example for an Anchor with weight to the Anchor page.
- Began implementation of the "What's New" page.
- Fixed error preventing Grommet Docs site to deploy properly.
- Decision has been made to make
text-strongthe default font color for Headings. Previously, Headings defaulted to color
- Made pagination controls respect a uniform width for the proposed Pagination Grommet component.
- Added abillity to control the sizing of pagination controls via "t-shirt sizing."
- Explored approaches for allowing custom theming capabilities.
- Play with Pagination behavior and/or follow the pull request progress.
- Additional guidance was requested for how the text should read in a situation after a user has filtered a set of table results and selected rows from the filtered table. That work is represented in this issue.
Happy holidays to all. See you in 2021!
- Added background context and criteria for how the "green" colors in the HPE Theme were determined.
- Validation icon added to Select component within Figma. Check it out!
- Work to provide guidance for how and when to use icons in your designs has begun. We are in the Exploration phase of this work where we gather research, assemble use cases, etc. Check back soon.
- Aligned of Wizard examples in Figma and Design System site.